TIME: 15 minutes
Everyone knows mice (don’t) love cheese. In actual fact, it seems dogs take the top spot as obsessed with the dairy goodness; maybe it’s something to do with their love of feet and all things sweaty. Named after our dog Benji’s big uncle Oscar, a Cockapoo as partial to a treat as any other, these cheesy balls are a surefire winner with plenty of weight to fill them up. Delightfully easy to cook and freezable for whenever you need them, these are great as a treat with dinner or a lunch time snack for good behaviour.
Fun and uplifting with plenty of cheese, pair it with the 80’s throwback sounds of Stockport 5 piece Blossom’s I Cant Stand It. The standout track from their 2018 album Cool Like You, it’s sleek Manchester pop sound and detached lyrical delivery are lent cheeriness by the throwback synth melodies for a tune perfect for a happily munching, tail-wagging dog.
1 Large egg
All purpose flour (1 cup)
Cheddar cheese (1/4 cup)
Milk (1/2 cup)
Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together until well combined.
3. Roll the mixture into nicely shaped balls, sized for your particular type of diggy, and place onto a grease proof baking tray.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven, cool and store in an air tight container.
6. *Wags tail*