A healthy and yet delicious lunch, these vegetarian wraps make use of the filling crunch of roast chickpeas to pack out tortillas alongside warming roasted peppers and smooth avocado. Fragrant spices and an acidic kick of lime flavour each mouthful as lettuce creates a refreshing crunch and yoghurt adds moisture. A perfect lunch or healthy dinner, they’re quick to make, perfect for reducing your meat intake and, most importantly, mad tasty.
An effortless combination of refreshing lightness and earthy, spiced filling, pair this with Chinese American producer ZHU’s funky, up beat As Crazy as It Is. From his 2015 album Genesis Series, it sounds fresh as ever 3 years on as collaborator Jamaican vocalist Keznamdi lays down ragga verses over Zhu’s wobbling synths and around his infectious hook. A midday track that can bring the summer to any day, it’s unique combinations blend seamlessly before turntablist A-Trak finishes things off, the beat building towards his intricate scratch outro.
Canned Chickpeas (400g)
Olive oil (2 tbsp)
Ground cumin (2 tsp)
Smoked paprika (2 tsp)
2 avocados (stoned, peeled and chopped)
Juice 1 lime
Small pack coriander (chopped)
8 soft corn tortillas
1 small iceberg lettuce (shredded)
Natural yogurt (150g)
Jar roasted red peppers (480g - chopped)
1 Lemon (to serve)
1. Heat oven to 200C degrees.
2. Drain the chickpeas and pour into a large bowl. Add the olive oil, cumin and paprika and stir the chickpeas well to coat.
3. Spread the chickpeas onto a large baking tray and roast for 20-25 mins or until starting to crisp – give the tray a shake halfway through cooking to ensure they roast evenly.
4. Remove from the oven and season to taste.
5. Toss the chopped avocados with the lime juice and chopped coriander. Set aside until serving.
6. Warm the tortillas following pack instructions (we just ping ours in the microwave for 1 minute). Then load up the avocado, lettuce, yogurt, peppers and toasted chickpeas on your wraps.
7. Serve with the lemon on the side for one tasty, healthy lunch.