TIME: 25 minutes
Occasional guilty pleasure or unhealthy obsession, humans love donuts. So wouldn’t it be a little unfair to deny our doggy friends the privilege? Well, you don’t have to any more with this delicious dog friendly recipe. Surprisingly easy to make and full of healthy ingredients to keep the canine sharp, all you need is some standard donut moulds, some basic baking ingredients and a few small dog treats of your choice to add the cherry on top. Our dog Benji can’t get enough of these. He’d eat them forever if we let him, but they’re great as a freezable treat for when we’re eating particularly well and he’s feeling a bit left out.
The biggest doggy anthem of 2018, this weighty treat is perfect for Gee Bag & Illinformed’s Dog House. An infectiously stepping Hip Hop tune, London’s man of the moment Gee Bag & Glastonbury’s RLD Records producer Illinformed combine to devastating effect. The latter’s crisp drum breaks and chopping samples are the perfect backdrop for Gee Bag’s slurring, tongue in cheek rhymes for a tune that’s as funny as it is pleasing to the ears. Doug Sure completes the party with an energetic hook that perfectly suits the playful vibe. Make sure to check the video for extra effect.
Honey (2 tbsp)
All purpose flour (1 3/4 cups)
Coconut oil (4 tbsp)
Water (1/4 cup)
Baking powder (2 tsp)
Natural yoghurt (to glaze)
Small dog treats (to decorate)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Take a donut mould tray and grease lightly with the 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
3. Mix together the eggs (whites and yolk), honey, flour, water, baking powder and remaining coconut oil in a large bowl.
4. Add the mixture into the donut moulds and tap the base firmly on the kitchen worktop to ensure the mixture completely fills the moulds.
5. Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. Test if they’re cooked by gently pushing a knife through a donut, if the knife comes out clean then they’re done.
6. Once cooked, remove from the oven and let cool completely.
7. Spoon the natural yoghurt into a bowl at least as big as the donuts. Dunk the top of each donut into the bowl to glaze.
8. Decorate with the dog treats and deliver to your canine friend. Woof!